The following copy is of a letter that was by written by Benazir Bhutto to Peter Gailbraith a US senator.
Transcript and translation of Benazir Bhutto’s letter (for clear reading) is given below:
——— START ———–
Dear Peter Gailbraith,
I do not know how to thank you for your so many favors to me and my family. As you know that the orders of my dismissal were drafted in the JAG branch of the GHQ, and it was not possible for me to pull along with the army and they subverted my Government.
It would be more appropriate, if military as well as economic assistance to Pakistan is stopped and all the international agencies like World Bank, IMF are told to squeeze the Government of Pakistan and if possible all supply to Pakistan should be disrupted so that normal life in Pakistan comes to stand still.
As long as I was the Prime Minister I kept a check on the Nuclear device but now I do not know what are the plans of Government.
The suspension of F-16 and its spares will bring the army to its senses.
Dear Peter, please use your influence on V. P. Singh, the Indian Prime Minister to engage the Pakistani army on the borders so that they do not impede in my way. I wish Rajiv Gandhi had been the Prime Minister of India, things would have been easier.
Thank you with warm regards,
——— END ———–
Points to be noted:
- Disclosing country’s secrets to foreign country officials. (Para 1)
- Requesting american pressure on Pakistan. (Para 2)
- Requesting american interference in Pakistan. (Para 2)
- Inviting foreign agencies to weaken Pakistan. (Para 3)
- Disclosing Country’s NUCLEAR Secrets to foreign country officials. (Para 4)
- Trying to damage Pakistan’s Defense by stopping the transfer of F-16’s to Pakistan. (Para 5)
- Using india to distract Pakistani Armed Forces for personal/political gains.