• Every person has more than 75km of nerves in their body.
• Your nerves can send messages faster than a Grand Prix car travels.
• The brain is the most complex machine in the universe – it has over 100,000,000, 000 nerve cells each with up to 150,000 connections. Each cell is connected to 25,000 others.
• If every person on the planet simultaneously made 200,000 phone calls, there would be the same total number of connections as in a single human brain in a day
• The grey cells occupy only 5% of our brains – 95% is taken up by the communication network that runs between the grey cells!
• The brain weighs about 1.5 kg in an adult human, about 1.5% of the body weight.
• Damaged brain cells do not regenerate but mental and physical functions can improve after mild or moderate brain damage with skilful rehabilitation.
• Compared to other animals, human brains are big for the body.
• The human brain is only just bigger than your two fists.
• On average, the male brain (approx 1.4kg) is slightly bigger than the female brain (approx 1.26kg)
• Each half of the brain controls the other half of your body.
• In right-handed individuals (which comprise 91% of people): the right side of the brain controls: musical talent, fantasy, imagination, dreams, drawing, and painting. The left side of the brain controls: mathematical ability, ability to solve logic problems, controls language skills, remembers names, dates, and facts.
• The grey part of the brain is folded to fit inside the skull and, if flattened, it would cover the surface of an office desk.
• The brain contains 100 billion brain cells of which, 100,000 are irretrievably lost each day.
• You can retain about seven facts at any one time in short term memory, but over the long term your brain has to forget things to make room for new memories.
Are the most complex organs you possess except for your brain.
Are composed of more than two million working parts.
Can process 36,000 bits of information every hour.
Under the right conditions, can discern the light of a candle at a distance of 14 miles.
Contribute towards 85% of your total knowledge.
Utilize 65% of all the pathways to the brain.
Can instantaneously set in motion hundreds of muscles and organs in your body.
In a normal life-span, will bring you almost 24 million images of the world around you.
The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job that they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.
The adult eyeball measures about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter. Of its total surface area only one-sixth is exposed — the front portion.
The eye is the only part of the human body that can function at 100% ability at any moment, day or night, without rest. Your eyelids need rest, the external muscles of your eyes need rest, the lubrication of your eyes requires replenishment, but your eyes themselves “never” need rest. But please rest them!
Eyes are one of your most precious sense… care for them properly!
BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS
1. No Breakfast
People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level.
This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.
It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.
4. High Sugar consumption
Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing
malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
5. Air Pollution
The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air
decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain
6. Sleep Deprivation
Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the
death of brain cells.
7. Head covered while sleeping
Sleeping with the head covered, increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and
decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.
8. Working your brain during illness
Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of
the brain as well as damage the brain.
9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts
Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may
cause brain shrinkage.
10. Talking Rarely
Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.
The main causes of liver damage are:
1. Sleeping too late and waking up too late are main cause.
2. Not urinating in the morning.
3. Too much eating.
4. Skipping breakfast.
5. Consuming too much medication.
6. Consuming too much preservatives, additives, food coloring , and artificial sweetener.
7. Consuming unhealthy cooking oil. As much as possible reduce cooking oil use when frying, which includes even the best cooking oils like olive oil. Do not consume fried foods when you are tired, except if the body is very fit.
8. Consuming raw (overly done) Foods also add to the burden of liver. Veggies should be eaten raw or cooked 3-5 parts. Fried veggies should be finished in one sitting, do not store.
We should prevent this without necessarily spending more. We just have to adopt a good daily lifestyle and eating habits. Maintaining good eating habits and time condition are very important for our bodies to absorb and get rid of unnecessary chemicals according to “schedule.”
Evening at 9 – 11 PM : is the time for eliminating unnecessary/ toxic chemicals (detoxification) from the antibody system (lymph nodes). This time duration should be spent by relaxing or listening to music. If during this time a housewife is still in an unrelaxed state such as washing the dishes or monitoring children doing their homework, this will have a negative impact on health.
Evening at 11pm – 1 am : is the detoxification process in the liver, and ideally should be done in a deep sleep state.
Early morning 1 – 3 am : detoxification process in the gall, also ideally done in a deep sleep state.
Early morning 3 – 5 am : detoxification in the lungs. Therefore there will sometimes be a severe cough for cough sufferers during this time. Since the detoxification process had reached the respiratory tract, there is no need to take cough medicine so as not to interfere with toxin removal process.
Morning 5 – 7am : detoxification in the colon, you should empty your bowel.
Morning 7 – 9 am : absorption of nutrients in the small intestine, you should be having breakfast at this time. Breakfast should be earlier, before 6:30 am, for those who are sick. Breakfast before 7:30 am is very beneficial to those wanting to stay fit. Those who always skip breakfast, they should change their habits, and it is still better to eat breakfast late until 9 – 10 am rather than no meal at all.
Sleeping so late and waking up too late will disrupt the process of removing unnecessary chemicals. Aside from that, midnight to 4:00 am is the time when the bone marrow produces blood. Therefore, have a good sleep and don’t sleep late.